Pharmacy is a very lucrative industry and pursuing a course in it can reap excellent dividends:
– India has a great need for front line health workers and pharmacists with the full scope of practice to meet its healthcare needs.
– The jobs are high paying in many cases, and the progression of income is significant.
– The work is technical and challenging and is conducive to the acquisition of laboratory skills and theoretical knowledge.
– Healthcare is a critical sector and requires a large number of trained personnel and pharmacists can play that role in addition to doctors and nurses.
– Foreign Direct Investment and joint ventures have together ensured the growth of the pharmaceutical as a sector.
– Entrepreneurship is a great avenue after a business degree for any pharmacy graduate who wants to own a retail establishment or manufacture pharmaceuticals
– The starting salary for pharmacists in India today is almost 2,00,000 and above per annum.
– Job security is an important advantage for Pharmacy graduates.
– The graduate degree in Pharmacology can lead to a variety of jobs. For example toxicologists and research scientists.
– Access to several industries. Pharma- graduates may work in business administration, sales, and educational roles in institutions.
– The Kerala Academy of Pharmacy is a great place to get a pharmacy degree. The curriculum is rigorous, the faculty members are well trained.